Meet Amelia Powers:
- Effective Change Management – Founder of small business consulting firm. To improve processes and procedures to prepare for Growth.
- Leader – Corporate executive at $90 billion international company (Manage processes and procedures to improve efficiency and transparency of County government.
- Modernization – Utilize procedures and processes through benchmarking and checklists to reduce and eliminate mistakes. (She got really excited about the possibility)
- Use technology to improve County Government, including elections.
- Improve Integrity of Elections.
- More Transparency in Government – Including documentation of how things are done.
- Prepare Utah County for continued growth.
- Modernization of procedures and processes to eliminate future errors.
- Auditing of Government – Financial AND Performance. (She has the experience to do this.)
- Congresswomen Mia Love, Orem Mayor Richard Brunst, Attorney General Sean Reyes, and many more
Frequently Asked Questions: (Emailed Out By Her)
- What does the Utah County Clerk do? “…Most importantly, this office oversees all elections conducted within the county boundaries –– whether federal, state, county, or municipal. Addressing shortcomings in the current election processes will be my number one priority.”
- But isn’t this position also the County Auditor? “Yes….I will conduct performance audits –– looking at ways to increase efficiencies within county departments.”
- Why are you running for this position? “…I will conduct performance audits –– looking at ways to increase efficiencies within county departments.”
- What sets you apart from other candidates? “I understand efficient business systems and processes, and I will bring this mindset to the office. I can facilitate solid, meaningful change. I have a vision of where the county can be now and in the future, and I have the skills and drive to make that happen.”